We just wanted to let you know some of the updates and improvements that we have been making at Dovetails over the last few months.
Ring the changes
Our first big investment in the business was a new state-of-the-art phone system. Infinitely portable, we’re now contactable both in the office and when we’re away from our desks making it easier for you to get in touch. We feel this switch from the old call answering service to the new voicemail system allows us to get closer to our clients, making access to our services more accessible. And if for any reason we can’t answer your call, leave us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
In an ever-changing business world, we continually monitor the best way to liaise and work with you and we’ve enhanced our offering through our new practice management software. This will become a vital part of how we run our business and in turn, how we communicate and work with you. For Dovetails, this gives us greater ability to manage workflows and track deadlines, but this new system has many benefits to you too:
- A new client portal which can be used to securely upload documents and information to without the need for emails or third party software such as WeTransfer or Dropbox.
- The facility for our clients to get copies of historic documents from the client portal, such as accounts or Tax Returns from earlier years.
- Facility to log on and update details or fill in any gaps in the information that we hold or to change addresses etc.
- A new signing portal to complete the electronic approval and signature of documents.
- A new email address, email@example.com, which will automatically go to all team members so that it can be picked up and dealt with by the most appropriate area of our expertise.
What’s in the pipeline?
The system that we are using is rapidly developing with more and more features being added all the time, such as a mobile app in the pipeline, and we will update you of these as and when appropriate. As mentioned, the change has been a significant one which is quite complex in nature, so please bear with us while we complete the set up with some items that may need a bit of a polish or fine tuning to be set up to the standard that we constantly strive for. As part of the switch, we’ll also be re-running the AML checks that we are required to carry out for every client, and issuing new and updated letters of engagement that we are also required to hold, so please keep your eye out for a notification that this has been added to the signing area of your client portal.
We have also been trying to be more active and visible on social media, so please give us a follow…